Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HEAT WAVE!!!






It has been so hot for the past couple of weeks! In any other "normal" climate October is the time for pumpkin patches and sweaters, but here we are still going strong in 80 degree weather!Which is not necessarily a good thing, it has been summer here since March! I need a good rainstorm to curl up and get out the crafts! The girls and I start out the day at the pool, then we grab daddy for a lunch break at the beach, then my day is only half over and sitting inside and relaxing is NOT an option (we don't have air conditioning!) so we head back down to the pool. It is exhasting! Today we made finger paints to break up our pool, beach, pool routine! The finger paint recipe was a great discovery because Chloe could do it too, and even if she ate it, it didn't matter because all it is made of is cornstarch, water and food coloring!

4 comments:

Rachel Gillie said...

email me the recipe, Mac needs a little more crafts in her life!

McLove said...

How fun. I want the recipe too. Meri your hair looks awesome. I love how the color turned out:)

Dianna said...

boob, I am so glad we have been able to see eachother lately. It WILL be nice when our kids can entertain them selves a little better and we can talk again. I left the boogie board at my moms. I am sorry I didn't get it back to you before I left. I will see if my mom can get it to you. Sorry boob.

Nadia said...

We should switch places - I would love a nice heat wave and a day at the beach. You can come here pick apples, carve pumpkins and FREEZE all day:)