Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!

 






Christmas has come and gone...where does the time go? The run down of Christmas events was as follows:

  We went to Knots Berry Farm for Christmas Eve Day (thanks Myra!)  Christmas Eve we had a Gardner/Smith Family Nativity Play. Noelle was the Star and Chloe was the Baby Jesus (for 20 seconds)  All the kids got to open ONE present...pjs of course!  
    We made Santa some cookies and when we were getting the girls ready for bed we heard Santa's jingle bells! Noelle's jaw dropped to the floor and with an expression resembling a deer in headlights she whispered "Santa's in our house!" I told her not to look downstairs just to run to bed.  She took off and we did not hear a peep.  Noelle was so excited to have Santa come to our house that I thought she would have a hard time falling asleep (I feel like I did my job as a mother getting her so worked up!)  but I think she got so scared that she was out like a light. 
   There is nothing like Christmas morning with a two year old and a one year old!  Chloe didn't know what was going on but the excitement rubbed off on her(still she had more fun with all the wrapping paper than her new toys...although Santa brought her a pretend puppy that rolled over and barked that was a pretty big hit once all the mess was gone!)  We think Noelle snuck downstairs before she came and woke us up because she came in and said "can I go play with my new dollhouse?"  
  We had dinner at my moms house later that day and it was fabulous. And suprisingling no family drama to report of!   What a Merry Christmas indeed!

1 comment:

Bracken and Bracken said...

your family is so beautiful :)